Congratulations on getting to the final stage! Before the EPC is lodged, we need to make sure everything is in order. Firstly……
- Let your assessor know if anything has changed since the design specification
- You’ll need to have an air permeability test – we can arrange this for you. When the design stage SAP calculations were carried out the assessor would have set a target to reach, this is normally 5m3/hm2 (7m3/hm2 in Scotland) but can vary depending on the build and services.
Your assessor will send you paperwork to be signed and returned. We need this to provide evidence when the EPC is audited by our accreditation company. This will include:
- Specification document issued by us
- ACDs – thermal bridging sheets must be signed and returned
- MCS certificate or proof of installation for renewables
- Air test certificate
- U-value calculations – these can be obtained through your insulation company (many have online calculators) or provide us a detailed build-up and we can calculate them for you.
- Full address of the new dwelling – we may need to register this with Landmark which can take up to 48hours
Once we have received all the paperwork we are ready to lodge and issue the EPC